- It's dead. No hum. Nothing.
- Make sure the outlet works.
- Look under your sink and find the outlet that the disposer plugs into. Unplug it and plug in a small lamp.
- If the lamp doesn't work, you have a tripped circuit breaker or blown fuse in your home, or you need an electrician.
- If the lamp works, check the bottom of the disposer for a small red button. It's usually square. If it's popped out, push it back in again and try the disposer again.
If hums but doesn't run, it's jammed.
See if your garbage disposal came with a small wrench. If so, insert it into the hole in the bottom of the disposer and work it back and forth. If you can't free it, you need a new disposer.Still not sure what to do?
Give me a call at (315)514-0360
and I'll be happy to discuss it with you at no charge!