DIY (Do It Yourself) Microwave Oven Service

Under some conditions, your microwave oven can store enough electricity to kill you even when it’s turned off and unplugged and has been that way for days.

Image courtesy of Consumer Reports: CC BY-SA https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Consumer_Reports_-_Kenmore_microwave_oven.tifWhile I’m a huge DIY guy and will happily help customers fix their own appliances, microwave ovens are different and you should not under any circumstances try to fix your own.

No second chances. Just plain dead. So . . .

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR YOUR OWN MICROWAVE OVEN

Have a blown fuse in your microwave?

Many people know that their microwave oven contains a fuse. Their first inclination when the microwave stops working is to open it up and go buy a fuse.

What they don’t know is that the fuse didn’t blow for normal reasons or “no reason”, it blew because the door safety interlocks are not opening and closing in the proper sequence because the door is out of alignment or something is damaged.

The fuse blew to protect you by removing power in cases where the oven would have been running with the door open.

However this is engineered as a one-time deal. If you change the fuse without fixing the underlying problem, eventually the switches will be unable to perform as designed, and the next time you open the door, you might be microwaving you

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR YOUR OWN MICROWAVE OVEN

If you think there’s something wrong, all you need to do is call (315)514-0360 during business hours or click here and setup an appointment.