- Is my refrigerator worth fixing if I see frost on the back wall of the freezer and the freezer is cold, but the refrigerator is warm?
The automatic defrost isn't working, which is almost always repairable for much less than the cost of a new refrigerator.
- Is my refrigerator worth fixing if it smells hot or runs a lot?
It probably needs a good cleaning, and might need a new condenser fan motor, but this is always worth repairing.
- Is my refrigerator worth fixing if it clicks on and off?
It might need a new compressor, which is usually not worth doing, or it might only need a new start relay, which always is worth doing. Give me a call and I can give you a better idea what's going on.
- Is my refrigerator worth fixing if both sections are warm and the compressor is running?
If the sealed system warranty is still in effect, call the manufacturer. If it has expired, it's time for a new refrigerator.
- Is my refrigerator worth fixing if there is water in the bottom of the refrigerator, or ice in the bottom of the freezer?
This can be caused by a clogged drain and is easily repairable.
- Is my refrigerator worth fixing if it's more than 25 years old?
Energy efficiency has increased so fantastically between the 1980's and now, that you'll get your money back in energy savings in just a couple of years. A new refrigerator can easily use 25% of the energy of a very old one.
Not 25% less, but 25%. That's 75% savings. Replace it!
You'll save money and help the environment all at the same time.
Still not sure what to do?
Give me a call at (315)514-0360
and I'll be happy to discuss it with you at no charge!